Craft of the Miller Network
Online International Conference
on the Craft of the Miller
Join us by creating your profile in the Network Members Gallery.
Online Conference 2 June 2023 on ‘Inventory of monumental parts or artifacts’.
The conference is on 29 June 2023, 3.00 pm – 4.45 pm CET.
Program is yet to be determined.
Wouter Pfeiffer and Jon Cook
Nicole Bakker, director Dutch Mill Society
Who are we?
The craft of the miller is on the Representative List of the UNESCO Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage. To support the craft of the miller worldwide we aim to develop an international network of millers and mill societies. Therefore we bring together wind- and watermill parties from all over the world to share knowledge and skills.
Our Mission is to safeguard and promote the craft of the traditional miller – defined as “a miller who works with mills driven primarily by wind, water and animal power”.
Our Aims are:
- To safeguard the craft of the miller
- To share knowledge, experience and information amongst our community to promote best practice and the safe repair and operation of our mills
- To encourage all involved with mills to protect and respect the original fabric of mill buildings and machinery
- To promote the protection and repair of our global milling heritage, by helping others see a positive future for that heritage, returning mills, where appropriate, to production, keeping the mill working in its original function
- To create a network of millers and associated societies to deliver our Mission
Are you a miller or interested in safeguarding the craft of the miller, join the Craft of the Miller Network by creating your own member profile. If you have other questions, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
Look here for the recording earlier conference.
The international network on the craft of the miller is initiated by: